Thursday, November 6, 2008

A New Day

It is a new day. Who would have thought the United States of America would elect a black President? We're all a part of history. Whether you voted for John, Bob, or Barack, whether you hate the democratic party or embrace them, we are all a part of history.

I know I'm not saying anything any different than the talking heads on news channels, but I felt that I had to say something. Take a look at these political cartoons celebrating the victory. (Thanks About.com)





Let's move on.

I haven't posted any music in a while. I figured I'd put together a little "Victory" playlist.



Ace of Base - It's A Beautiful Life

Now, this isn't really my type of music. But, it's got a celebratory vibe to it, so why not?



Akon (ft. Obie Trice) - Look At Me Now (Remix)

A few years ago Barack Obama was a lowly community organizer. Look at him now.



The Beatles - Getting Better

The title really just says it all.



Bright Eyes - Road To Joy (Live)

This is a recording off of Bright Eyes live album, Motion Sickness.



Bob Dylan - Lay Down Your Weary Tune

Lay down that weary tune, friend. Help is coming



Kanye West - I Wonder

We'll end on this one. And we'll end on a toast. I wonder, are you chasing your dream? Chase it. And feel the fulfillment when you get there.

No comments: