Monday, January 5, 2009

I Feel Breezy

Conor Oberst has done it again.



"Breezy" is a song that was released only on the EP's Conor and the Mystic Valley Band sold on tour. I, myself, haven't had a chance to pick up the EP. I've combed iTunes and other blogs, but I just can't find it. So, I reckon this YouTube video will suffice.

Breezy was in Bright Eyes and apparently died over the past year due to some pharmaceutical complications. Conor sings a haunting, love-filled, farewell to Breezy, who from this bit of poetry sounds like a phenomenal woman.

This video is the recording with Conor's picture displayed the whole time:



This is a live clip, and it's pretty decent quality. I like how the band jumps in at the end:



If anyone figures out where I can buy the EP, please let me know.

No comments: